Thursday, June 12, 2008

Introducing.....














I wanted to take a moment to introduce the newest addition to my Tennesee family,


Asher Lee Seymour


He was born last thursday June 5, 2008 at 4:44pm weighing in at a whopping 5lbs 2oz, 17 inches long!


He is technically my 2nd cousin but since his Mommy, Maria, is more like my sister than my cousin I will from here on out refer to him as my nephew and I am a very proud Auntie! I guess the reason we are celebrating so much is because it took a very, very long time for him to arrive. You see right about the time Steve and I were considering trying for a girl one last time his mommy & daddy were hoping also for a little one of their own. Even though Maria and I wanted to be pregnant together, God had other plans.


So, we began praying....fertility tests, various drugs, hormones, turkey basters, little plastic cups, tears and hope and more tears. Maria had been in and out of stirrups so many times she could have been a serious contender in the Kentucky Derby and I think she was a stock holder in EPT. After about three years they had given up hope in the medical professionals and decided to go it alone. One evening last fall I was driving down the bypass with my whole crew when I got a phone call. It was my Aunt....


Me: Hey!


Aunt Patti: Hi......Maria?


Maria: Guess what?!!!????


Me: (holding my breath)....yeah?


Maria (screaming): YOU'RE GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!!!


Me: (swerving into the shoulder)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Steve: Pull over you're gonna wreck!!!!!


Then the tears and I think we all cried continuosly for the next nine months while we watched Maria waddle around as the most darling, glowing pregnant woman. I swear you have never seen someone so happy to throw-up in all your life! God had answered our prayers. Last Saturday, May 31st we threw her a shower. I call it that but is was so much more. It was truly a celebration to honor our Maria and our Lord for his generous gift.


Asher made a grand and early entrance into the world. Throwing us all for a loop. Leading up to his birthday we all headed to Baptist Hospital in the middle of the night because Maria's water broke a month ahead of schedule.....more praying,


"Dear Lord, we know you are on your throne and you didn't bring us all through this for the last few years to have it all crash and burn just as the finish line was in sight. We praise you Lord, put your hands on that tiny life and protect it"


A couple days in a hospital bed and then the docs decided it was showtime. But we knew better, God had ordained June 5, 2008 as Asher's birthday from the beginning. It was such a special day of laughter and pillow adjusting, phone calls, foot rubs, pain, epidural, good ol' pacing, nervous daddy's and then.......that first sweet cry and of course, tears. I felt so blessed to be included. Maria is an overjoyed mommy and Asher is the sweetest, tiniest, peanut.

We praise you Father!

Genesis 30:13
And Leah said, "Happy am I! For women have called me happy." So she called his name Asher.

1 comment:

Ann Kimmel said...

What a darling and very, very special little man Asher is! Praise God for the gift of this boy and for his parents' faithfulness.

Never seen such a cute answered prayer in all my days!!!

(Invite me over so I can love on him...)