1. I'd completely forgotten the DEEP satisfaction in getting a baby to nap. Seriously, I felt quite accomplished each time she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. I did it! Then I felt compelled to do some housework....that's the weirdest part because I rarely feel compelled to do housework.
2. Changing diapers is like riding a bike. I am happy to report that I can still change a diaper in about 9 seconds flat. Please take into account that I've had about 8 years of experience in this area so don't beat yourself up too badly.
3. There is no sweeter sound than a baby giggle, again deep sense of pride and satisfaction each time I cracked her up. Granted, had I seen a video of myself as I made goofy faces and danced around like a dork I'm sure I might feel a little bit differently about that.
4. I love to watch my sons go all gooey each time she smiled at them. Weslee could barely tear himself away from her.
5. Being spit-up on still doesn't alarm or disgust me, I'm still wearing the same stinky, spit-up sweatshirt and I have no intention of changing it anytime soon.
6. Driving with a baby in the car makes me a more cautious and defensive driver. Why is that? My kids are just as fragile but somehow I was more nervous with an infant in the vehicle.
I can't wait until Bella gets here tomorrow! I'm sure I'll have a few more revelations to share with y'all as the week progresses.