Friday, June 5, 2009

Life Moments

Today I'm taking a moment to look back at some of my most memorable life moments. The moments that make me smile when I remember them. These are some of the things that made my life blessed...

* Rollerskating on the dance floor in the bar of my parents restaurant
* Riding on a tobagan tied to the back of my brothers snow mobile across Lake superior
* Singing praise songs in spanish with the beautiful children of Tula, Mexico
* My first day as a Medical Assistant
* Portillo's Hot Dogs
* My wedding day
* Bonfires and skinny dipping at Folsom Lake with my girlfriends
* Playing in the crunchy, fragrant fall leaves
* Black & Whites from Leatherby's after evening church
* Coke slurpees from Seven Eleven on a hot summer day
* Seeing the stick with 2 lines
* Singing the National Anthem at the top of my voice in Ghirdelli Square, San Francisco
* Holding my newborn babies in my arms
* Toasting the perfect marshmallow over a campfire
* Girls night with Ann, Ladona, Stephanie and Mary Lee...hee hee!
* Seeing my Daddy cry when he gave me away
* Watching a sting ray swim right in between Kolby and I in Destin, FL
* Climbing Half Dome
* Hume Lake
* First kisses and the tummy butterflies that accompany them
* Camping beneath the incredible redwood trees at Richardson's Grove
* Standing on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Mendocino, CA
* Watching the dolphins swim by our boat
* The first time he looked at me and called me Mommy
* Conquering the ropes course at summer camp
* Fireflies
* Watching the fireworks over Cinderella Castle

I could go on and on...take time today to remember those little moments it will change your perspective. I'd love to hear some of yours. God has been good.

3 comments:

Vince said...

I haven't told you, but up until I moved to Austin, I was eating at 1 of only 2 Portillo's outside of IL up the freeway from Murrieta. Killer good.

Rollerskating in the restaurant rocked!

Redwoods...of course

Leatherby's; I have yet to find anything that comes close, but if something does exist it's in Austin.

Ann Kimmel said...

What an awesome post idea! I may just steal it!

Girls night definitely hits my top twenty as well, but there's no need to post any pictures to remind us of all our fun.

:)

Christy said...

mmm, Leatherby's, not too far down the road - and still enjoyable!

nighttime swims at Folsom in August were just about unbeatable

...except when you bring in those coke slurpees (I enjoy coke/cherry mixed), but I think we both made our excursions to the same 7-11!