Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Morris Family Antics...

I've been shooting the Morris families portraits now for roughly 5 years. Joy (the sassy matriarch) is a close friend who I love and adore and has been by my side through the good, the bad and the ugly. We can happily inhale a slab of chocolate cake together at P.F. Changs then spend the next 3 weeks whining about our enormous booties and have no problem returning to commit the same crime as soon as our schedules allow. I've watched her children grow to enormous heights and she has been my number one fan and MANY of you who follow this blog are here as a result of her marketing and promoting the beast that is this business of mine today. I love her and her family as if they were my own.

Now because we are all so well aquainted you think it would be relatively easy to capture a quick portrait... HAHAHAHAA! Well let's just say that is a bit more tricky than you might think. They are TOO comfortable with me sticking a camera in their face you could say and silliness abounds. It's not really like working when I'm with this crew. We basically screw off for a couple hours then pray that something turned out alright.

Here's some examples of the nonsense that ensues when I'm with the Morris clan....




I love the look on Joy's face in this one "Please help me Aly"


Anyone who knows Austin at all can see the irony in this... and yes he stole that sign from a church.






Love me some Annabelle
Success! Aren't they GORGEOUS!

No comments: