Thursday, October 16, 2008

Butter

So, last night I was laying in bed and a post that my brother had on his blog popped into my mind. I stewed over it so long I thought I should touch on it.
Margarine vs Butter
Butter, mmmmm. It's is one of my most favorite substances. I've noticed that many throw that word around willy-nilly like using it to describe margarine (Aly shudders). It's borderline insulting to butter connessieurs like myself. You see I was raised in a butter house. My Mother ran a catering company, made wedding cakes and even owned a restaurant at one time and never, NEVER...did I ever encounter a TUB of margarine. Consequently I grew to believe it was the devil.
Years later I married a man from a "County Crock" house. I immediately set about banishing it from the house and changing his preferences for him. Now I'm here to spread the butter love to all of you.
Margarine is basically one molecule away from being plastic!
YOU can try this yourself, purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area, within a couple of days you will note a couple of things, no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it, (that should tell you something) it does not rot or smell differently...Because it has no nutritional value, nothing will grow on it, even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow...Why? because it is nearly plastic. Would you melt your tupperware and spread that on your toast? Butter is made from milk and it has been around for thousands of years so do the right thing for your body and make the switch today.

3 comments:

dino said...

AMEN MY BUTTER LOVIN SISTER!! PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GETTING INTO WITH THAT OTHER STUFF!

Christy said...

Preach it, girl!

(although, if you like to keep something spreadable around too, Trader Joe's carries a spread called "Earth Balance". I saw it at Walmart too. It's natural, and has a very pleasing taste, I've found :).) But I don't do my baking/cooking with it. No way.

Ann Kimmel said...

Next you're going to tell me Big Macs aren't healthy either...