Friday, July 11, 2008

Car Shopping



So, we've decided it's time to buy a new vehicle. Mainly because the Lexus spends more time in the shop than in our possesion and because it gets about 5 miles to the gallon. So now I'm going to lose all my cool status by returning to the mini-van. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in this tight economy, not to mention I'm sick of my kids falling out of that big ol' SUV. We've spent the last month researching what would be the best ride for us. After talking to our mechanic (who also happens to be my cousin) we're stearing clear of all things Dodge and Chrysler. I don't care for the Toyota's suspension, all the Toyotas in my past provided a pretty rough ride.

That leaves me with the Nissan Quest or the Honda Odyssey. Being that I'm making such style sacrifice I want ALL the bells and whistles, DVD, power sliding doors, power liftgate, Bose speakers and an ipod doc. I need some advice and helpful tips to help me make my decision. I'll admit I'm leaning towards the Quest because its body style is kinda cool and edgy, as edgy as a minivan can be I suppose....

2 comments:

Vince said...

Everyone on the planet has an Odyssey. So, that automatically makes you cooler if you get the quest. You should ask Elizabeth she had the quest, she is the only one I knew that owned one. I think their uniqueness makes them look even better. Good luck! How is the house thing coming? Did you get the one you wanted? - Tami

Unknown said...

I think I'm going Quest. My sister has owned 3 of them believe it or not.
As far as the house we are currently in negotiations with a couple from Alabama. Then we'll start looking more seriously.
-Aly