Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth!

So today is Independence Day. Admittedly it is one of my favorite holidays. It's not that I'm super patriotic or anything it's just that I have a lot of happy memories associated with this time of year. I had my first flirtatious encounter with my hubby at Ben & Darla's annual 4th party and 3 years later at that same party I was 9 months pregnant with my first son.....I could go on and on.

Last night we went out on Old Hickory Lake to watch the fireworks over Fairvue Plantation. I love boaters, they are some of the friendliest people. Perfect strangers waving at each other as we pass by. Okay, so some of them were a little tossed but still, very lovable. We tied up with a couple of houseboats and kicked back while the boys jumped off the back of the boats and swam around.


This year we're celebrating the fourth like any red blooded American would by stuffing ourselves with vats of potato salad and blowing stuff up. If that doesn't scream Independence than I don't know what does. In the south we are fortunate enough to have access to some pretty sweet pyrotechnics that are illegal out west so there is always some story on the news the next day about some inebriated, moron who blew off his thumb. God Bless America!


So here's to being American, pass the ribs!

2 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

Hey Aly! I found your blog from your comment on Bro David's blog! How fun. I will have to add you to my google reader and keep up with the Burnetts!!

Aly-Rae said...

Now you need to start your blog so I can add you to my shout outs.:)