Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm All Alone

So, here I sit......by myself......all alone......just me, at the ungodly hour of 10:30pm in a VERY quiet house. My husband is at the fire station tonight and all my kids are camping with the G-man. I admit it.....I'm a little nervous......okay, I'm on the verge of tears!! It has been over 10 years since I have spent the night alone. The phrase "Be careful what you wish for..." is bouncing around in my head right now. I DON'T LIKE IT!
My puppy is just as nervous I think. She keeps barking at every little sound she hears so, I'm convinced the rabid, man-eating zombies from I Am Legend are right outside my door waiting to pounce on poor, helpless little me. It's moments like these I like to call on my killer kick-boxing skills (thanx Deb). I am poised and ready to obliterate any fool who dares come after me and my 3 pound cotton ball of a puppy.

I have a feeling sleep will elude me tonight.

2 comments:

dino said...

i would have paid money(and stopped by to pick up Ann,she loves that kinda stuff) to see you kick some zombie booty!! i have to admit im scared to stay at home by myself at night>maybe during the daytime too!! ladona

Aly-Rae said...

I talk a big game but I think running and screaming would be closer to reality.