Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bailee's So Grown Up


My sweet little baby girl turned 4 years old last week. I can hardly believe it. There are a million cliche's I could use to describe this predicament I'm in but I don't want to sound insincere. I am utterly floored at how fast the last four years have gone by. My children are my proudest possessions and suddenly I am realizing that as they grow and become these incredible individuals that they are not really my possessions at all but a temporary gift. This new understanding couldn't have come at a better time. You see I have recently let the little things that occur as your children grow really get to me. I have been living in a state of overwhelm for a few months now and through this have even asked God what He was thinking when he decided that Aly would have 4 children. His timing is perfect. I think someone must have been praying for me. My patience is refreshed and my heart is full. I look at them with their sweet little dirty faces and grumpy, sticky-out lips and I have to catch my breath....aren't they just the most wonderful little creatures? Instead of "why me" I am praising my Lord and saying "Why Me, what did I do to deserve this tremendous honor?" It is now my intention to breathe them in every moment I get because before I know it another four years will pass, and in four years my oldest, Weslee, will be almost 13 years old!
Breathe Aly......just breathe.

2 comments:

...wylie love... said...

OH MY GOSH! She is stunning! I can not believe she is 4...that means i haven't seen her in 3 1/2 years. That makes me sad. She could not have a sweeter face. I miss you all so much.

P.s. i know i am a blog-jacker but i couldn't help it, i could not stop laughing...something that funny needs to be on my page too! lol..love you lots! xoxo

Aly-Rae said...

My sweet Asher, I miss you so! You can blog-jack me anytime. That doesn't sound right???